Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Solitary Confinement

So... merry christmas, happy new year, happy hanukkah and all the other holidays during which I did not post anything. I'm not sure anyone reads this blog anymore, and given the frequency of my posts, that is not too surprising. But I've been a little... blah.

There have been difficulties, financial mainly - the joys of rejoining the single ranks - and I've had a very tough time at work lately. While I won't go into details (this blog is boring enough as it is!), it's really taken it's toll on me. I haven't really socialized, Christmas just sort of passed me by without so much a wink of excitement on my part and for the most part, I just go to work and when I'm not at work, I just sit in my apartment waiting to go back into work again.

Some kinda life, huh?

So now I have been living like Ebenezer Scrooge to try to sort out the money situation fast, because being broke has been a real downer. And in a very counter productive money-saving move, I bought a gym membership today. They offered us a good deal, but it was a one day only sort of thing and I've been looking for a push to buy a membership and get started (never seems to be a good time!) so I decided to go ahead and buy the membership. I need to get more serious about my weight loss and I need to get out of the house to try and cheer myself up some, so hopefully this will turn out to be a good move.

There is nothing to report on the weight loss front, but I AM happy to report that for the first time in recorded history - I did not gain an ounce in December. And I used to put on 15 lbs in that month alone every year. So that was a relief. So now I just have to keep going, push on an drop the second half of my weight.

My bandiversary is in two weeks. I've lost what, 56 lbs since this time last year. Hoping for about 40 lbs more I think. That is the end game, anyway.

The internet beau is coming back tomorrow for a week this time. I am going to try to be less of a depressed train wreck while he is here. The strain of keeping up that act should cause me to lose 5 lbs at least. We can hope, anyway.

Anyway... here's to 2013! May it bring smaller pants sizes and bigger paychecks. Hooray!

2 comments:

  1. I think you did the right thing with the gym membership, use it regularly and you should find your mood improve, I know it works for me, and I have Christmases like that as well, where I just don't feel it at all.

    You have done really well this year to loose 56 lbs :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. well at least with the gym membership..you have something to do in the evening!

    ReplyDelete