Monday, June 11, 2012


Little old Lady from Pasadena

Another wonderful weekend has passed! I spent the weekend at a music festival, seeing lots of live bands and drinking (too much) Jagermeister. I had a good time but man ALIVE, I am old. I am an old fart. I should be dead.

This festival was being held where I live, and as it’s a small town I was wondering how come I’d never seen most of the people there before… until it hit me like a geriatric freight train: They are probably 10 years younger than you are, that’s why.

1992 is when these people were probably born. Anyone else remember 1992? I think that’s when I found my first gray hair.

I am turning 30 this year, and I keep having these random moments of panic. I always had an undefined idea of how, by 30, I should have done so much.  But as it turned out, I just let life get in the way and I never did do much of anything. I just work my McJob, live in my small town and aimlessly go to school for reasons unclear to everyone. Still battling the pounds I was worried about in high school (although they have since been joined by countless others!). Am I too young to be having a midlife crisis?

On a band related note, I’ve made a menu for myself for the coming week to keep me on the straight and narrow and have started tracking my food consumption on My Fitness Pal again. I woke up this morning, knowing that today was the day when I was going to start following the dreaded MENU… and all I’ve been able to think about all day is chocolate. I  could hardly work, such was my preoccupation.

But I look forward to seeing what Lady Scales will have to say to me when the week is out. 


3 comments:

  1. Good luck with your weigh-in! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. At least you went to the festival - remember you are only as old as you feel and going to festivals should keep you feeling young :o)

    Good luck with sticking to your menu and logging the food, it does help, no matter how tedious it gets :p

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good plan on setting your menu up...and back to using MFP. Without tracking I lose total control

    ReplyDelete