Friday, May 18, 2012


No News is not Necessarily Good News

Weight loss stalled. Well, no. Not stalled. It’s gone down maybe ½ a pound or so.  But nothing to write home about, so I shall not.

I’ve been doing alright with the food this week though. Or better, shall I say. Mostly good choices, mostly eating less… etc. Mostly being the operative word. It hasn’t been perfect but it’s been better. So I’m hopeful I’ll see some weight loss soon. I don’t want to go in for another fill just yet, as I do keep getting stuck quite a bit (No PBing though – that only happened once so far, in Germany and may have been related to my flight). Anyway, I am going to try to get the food choices back on track (mostly) and see where that takes me. I don’t want to be too aggressive with the fills and get myself into trouble.

Plus I am going on another trip for work next week for a few days, it would be pretty bad to have trouble and be stuck in another country for a week and not be able to do anything about it.

The three finals I missed during my trip to Germany are coming up, two on Thursday and one on Tuesday. This next week is going to be pretty heavy on the cramming. Normally cramming for me means one thing: Chocolate. I normally take in about 10x more chocolate than I do information I am trying to memorize.  I’m going to try to avoid that trend this time.

I wanted to ask you, has anyone here ever reverted back to the liquid/mushy diet for awhile to decrease how much you can eat and get everything back on track? I’ve been thinking about doing that – doing maybe a week of liquids and then a week of mushies. Did you find that it helped at all with being stalled? 

2 comments:

  1. I Don't know about going backwards, but I can tell you I am 2 weeks out full liquid heading to mushy and I am having to fight to get 1000 calories down. Is this because my band is new? I just don't seem to want anything to eat at all during the day. It's almost unsettling to go from obsessive to not interested.

    I think trying the full liquids can't hurt, even if just for 5 days.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah I was like that too after surgery, I don't know if it was just the swelling or what. Sadly for me, I recovered lol

    ReplyDelete