Friday, May 11, 2012


Tushy Trauma

Thanks so much to Tina for posting about me on her blog, I now have some new followers and don’t feel quite so much like I am talking to myself anymore!

The week has been uneventful. Weight is stalled (what else is freakin new, huh?) and I have been busy. My SO is out of town for the weekend again. I had looked forward to a leisurely weekend of lazing around braless in my pyjamas all day (my glamorous life) but unbeknownst to me, the boyfriend made it his last task before leaving town to arrange for some builders to be at the house all weekend redoing the floor and cabinets in the laundry room. Thanks, hon! Noise, dust and strangers in my house all day – what more could a gal ask for?

So I rode my bike to work. It had somehow escaped my attention that the way there is somewhat uphill. The ride to work took about 20 minutes or so and I cursed myself every inch of the way. Huffing and puffing on the side of a busy road, riding a bike and wearing a helmet is not my idea of a good time. But I made it. The way back was a lot easier due to it being more downhill. My butt however was in a world of hurt. I don’t know how these Tour de France people do it. Lance Armstrong must literally have buns of steel. I seriously considered wearing a diaper for the ride again on Friday morning… I figured I was already wearing a helmet, what harm could a diaper do to my rep at this point?

I am riding the bike to work every day this month. May is gonna be loooooong…

They see me rollin', they hatin',

3 comments:

  1. The saddle soreness will get easier. Hubs bought me a larger seat at Target and that helps, too. I am proud of you for tackling the ride to work. I can tell you that if you made it up your hill, it WILL get easier each time you do it. Don't feel bad if you have to skip it one day to give your body a break, but don't give up! Way to go! Love my bike!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done for riding to work. I have a gel seat cover that helps with exercise bikes at the gym but you can use them on proper bikes too.

    I was banded at Dolan Park Hospital, from your photos it looks like the same place. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, that's right. I was at Dolan Park too. Nice place, really wonderful nursing staff.

    I do actually have a gel seat cover... I would probably be in a butt cast right now if I didn't.

    ReplyDelete