Monday, February 13, 2012


The Trouble with Hedonism!

I promised I would reward myself every time I hit 11 lbs lost. Well, I‘ve hit my first marker a few days ago... and I have been trying to think of something to use as a prize, but I can‘t think of anything. 

The problem is that there is nothing would not normally give myself under normal circumstances (gee, wonder how I got fat!?). If there is anything that I want, it will be in my hand before I know it. 

I am having a spa day with my sister in 3 weeks, but by then it will be time to hit the 22 lbs marker (eh... I hope, anyway) so I am going to use the spa day as my reward for that. 10 kgs / 22 lbs.
So what do I do now? I‘m thinking maybe of going tanning... I know that‘s not really a PRIZE, but I have been trying to get myself to go for months so maybe if I am rewarded with  some tanning appointments I will get my butt in gear.  My winter shade of tuberculosis green really does not suit me.

Also it could help my skin out, which has been FUBAR since my surgery. Did anyone else experience this? Or since about a week after surgery, rather.  I‘ve always had oily skin and I‘ve gotten the occasional pimple here and there, but now I look like a car ran over my face.  Touching it feels like running your hand across a topographical map of the Rocky Mountains. 

 I am trying to clean it well and use a skin toner twice a day, but this is really freaking me out.

Add that to the ketosis breath and gassy stomach, and I don‘t feel like such a prize!  I will be a svelte picture of class from afar. Up close I will be a tootin‘ Rocky Dennis.

Food wise, everything has been going well. I started tracking my calorie consumption at Calorie Count. The site is not pleased with my 500 calories a day, but other than that it is working well. The only thing is that I don‘t live in the U.S  so I sometimes have to spend a lot of time going through their database to find something similiar to what I am eating to use in my food log.

I‘ve had four mushy meals now, and everything has been fine. I won‘t lie, I was pretty scared when  I tried to „eat“ for the first time. But so far, so good.  Nothing has gotten stuck yet.

2 comments:

  1. So what did you decide on? I am actually excited about the liquid diet as I can at least have strained soup!! I am done with protein shakes.
    A questions: why the ketosis breath? is the body in ketosis even after the surgery where you can consume carb?
    best of luck

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't decided yet. I do think I will go tanning... The only ideas I get for prizes are crazy expensive things that I feel would be better suited as prizes further down the line. Tanning is cheap and I need it... As for the ketosis, I didn't have any sort of pre-op diet so this started after surgery for me. Even though I eat some carbs, I still eat so little that I guess it's not enough. Pretty rank :/

    ReplyDelete