Monday, February 20, 2012


Bad to the Bone

I‘ve been bad. Yesterday I went to a cake party at my mom‘s house. I didn‘t have any cake, but I did have some pudding. And then for dinner last night I chopped up some noodles and had that. And then this morning at work... I had some more pudding. And then for lunch, I had some spaghetti bolognese. 

I feel like Jabba the Hut.

I make sure to chew everything to the utmost, so I am still following the mushy rule. But things are getting rather... calorific.

And yet not, I am probably hitting about 1000 calories a day. Surely, if there is any justice in the world, a 1000 calories shouldn‘t be enough to ruin anything.

Oh and from the TMI department, I tried to get some Miralax at a drugstore a few days ago. But apparently where I live, you need a signed permission sheet from God himself to be able to buy it. I‘ll pick some up this summer when I am back in the States. Until then... well... lets just say I don‘t anticipate to lose much weight. Ahem.

Other than that, things are going about the same. For some reason for the past couple of days, a part of my stomach has been really tender. I think it must be where my port is, although I can‘t feel anything. The pain isn‘t bad at all, so I doubt anything is wrong... I hope not, in any case. I guess I can expect weird things to start hurting on and off for these first few weeks while evrything is healing up.

Five days left until I am off the mushies and onto solids. I am starting to suspect that I can eat most things... I haven‘t tried stuff like bread or anything yet, but I did try one bit of soft rye... I chewed the life out of it but it went down absolutely fine.

Veering into bandster hell now, I guess. I am starting to be able to eat more again and I feel myself starting to wonder whether I actually have a band at all...

No comments:

Post a Comment